Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/37/d282546788/htdocs/clickandbuilds/smf/migrated285740229/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Practice What You Preach
Superior Power Equipment Forum
September 23, 2017, 04:13:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "A pint of sweat saves a gallon of blood." General George S. Patton

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Practice What You Preach  (Read 3802 times)
JohnB
Global Moderator
Zero Turn Mower

« on: May 30, 2009, 08:10:35 »

One of the things that frustrates me is people who claim to be Christians but don't act Christ-like at all. In other words, people who claim to be a child of God yet live like the Devil.

Ever notice how many speeding or rude drivers have a Christian bumper sticker on the back of their car? Now I know nobody's perfect, including me, and we all get in a hurry from time to time. But if you're going to have a Christian bumper sticker, for Heaven's sake drive like a Christian! Your driving speaks louder than your bumper sticker.

Of course this idea applies to business people regardless to faith as well. You want to present yourself in a professional way whenever possible. People get to know you and expect you to act like a professional in your private life as well as your public life. One high profile example would be the Monica Lewinski scandal. Even though it may have been done in private, it was an immoral and wrong act that tainted President Clinton's image for the rest of his life (as well as Monica's).

In conclusion, PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH! Be what you claim to be.
Eli
Owner
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 23:42:26 »

Indeed.  And this applies to just about every aspect of life.  If you are going to teach or preach something, live it.  I have heard a phrase in the past where they said "do you preach what you practice?"  I think this is probably another good way of putting it.

Superior Power Equipment
Trust your equipment to us.  After all, our first name is Superior!!

Order your DISH Network here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: