Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/37/d282546788/htdocs/clickandbuilds/smf/migrated285740229/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/37/d282546788/htdocs/clickandbuilds/smf/migrated285740229/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
F.A.Q. What should I do to get my machine ready for the winter?
Superior Power Equipment Forum
September 21, 2017, 16:30:33 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "A pint of sweat saves a gallon of blood." General George S. Patton

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: F.A.Q. What should I do to get my machine ready for the winter?  (Read 2950 times)
Eli
Owner
Administrator

« on: December 07, 2009, 17:23:59 »

Question: What should I do to get my machine ready for the winter?

Answer: There are several things that are rather important to increase the chances of your machine starting in the spring without a severe work over by your small engine technician.  Below are a list of things that need to be completed, in the order of importance in my opinion.  

1.  Service your fuel system:
  • A. Stabilize your fuel and run the engine for several minutes to allow the fuel stabilizer to permeate the fuel sysem OR
  • B. Drain your fuel and run the engine out of gas OR
  • C. Perform "A", shut off the in-line fuel shut off and then run the engine out of fuel.
2.  Change the engine oil.
3.  Disconnect the negative battery cable (or both) from the battery. Optionally, remove the battery from the equipment and store it in a warm and dry place.

For a complete winterizing guide, with detailed instructions, go to the "A complete guide to winterizing your 4-cycle power equipment engine" guide.

This content is copyrighted by Superior Power Equipment Sales and Service and may not be reproduced in any manner without written permission from the author.

Superior Power Equipment
Trust your equipment to us.  After all, our first name is Superior!!

Order your DISH Network here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: